Frontline Combo for cats is a monthly spot-on treatment for fleas, biting lice, brown ticks and paralysis ticks. It kills adult fleas and ticks and prevents re-infestations by killing flea eggs, larvae, pupae found on the feline’s body and in the surroundings. It protects cats against flea, tick borne diseases, and reduces the chances of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD).
The active ingredients, Fipronil and S-methoprene attack the central nervous system of the parasites, paralyze them and kill them. They kill the parasites at a rapid pace and provide long-lasting (4 weeks) protection against re-infestations. Frontline Combo for cats kills ticks within 48 hours of application and saves pets from fatal diseases caused and transmitted by these parasites.
To be used on cats and kittens 8 weeks and older, the parasiticidal treatment should be repeated on a monthly basis to give all year round protection to felines. Available in the pipette and spray form the product is very easy to use.
Note: Due to Boehringer Ingelheim’s acquisition of Merial Animal Health, the product packs may have varied manufacturer’s name according to the available stock.
Fipronil 50mg (S)methoprene 60mg
Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim
- Rapidly kills adult fleas and ticks
- Provides protection against parasitic attack for a month
- Prevents re-infestations by killing intermediate life stages of fleas and ticks
- Easy to administer, water-resistant treatment
- Effective for a month
- Used to control Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD)
Apply it at a place where the cat cannot lick. Hold the cat in a standing position, part the fur at the base of the skull such that skin is visible.
Place the tip of the opened pipette on the skin and squeeze out the content of the pipette. The solution will spread throughout the cat’s body within 24 hours.
Once it is spread, Frontline Combo becomes water resistant. Still, one must not bath or shampoo cats until 48 hours of application of the solution.
Frontline Spray is another form of the product that is very easy to administer. Adjust the nozzle of the pump to spray setting. Spray on the entire body of the pet from a secure distance. Ruffle the coat so that it penetrates throughout the body and in the skin. Damp the entire coat.
For treating young kittens or nervous pets, spray on your gloved hand and spread across the entire body of the pet. Do not dry with a towel but allow to dry naturally. 100 ml presentation can treat a short haired medium cat for 8 times.
Repeat at every month, preferably on the same date. Do not use on sick or convalescing animals without a vet’s guidance. It is safe to use during pregnancy. For use during lactation period, please consult your veterinarian.
- Do NOT allow the cat to lick the site of application.
- Do NOT bath or swim the cat until 48 hours of application.
- Do NOT allow treated pets to groom each other.
- Do NOT touch the application site until it is completely dry.
- Do NOT allow children to play with treated pets.
- Use only on kittens that are 8 weeks or older.
- Keep away from skin and eyes as it can cause mucous membrane and eye irritation.
- Do NOT use on animals sensitive to any of the ingredients.
- Wash hands and exposed skin with soap and water.
- Keep away from children, eatables and animal feeds.
- During the treatment, smoking, eating or drinking is not advisable.
- If the animal licks the application site then hyper-salivation for a short duration of time may be observed. Temporary redness or itching may be observed at the application site. If such signs persist then consult vet at the earliest.