Panacur Granules – Worming Treatment for Dogs
Panacur Granules is indicated for the treatment of dogs and cats infected with worm infection. The oral treatment is highly effective in removing major tapeworm and roundworm species, including Toxocara (which can cause problems if accidentally transmitted to humans). Panacur granules are also recommended for the treatment of lungworms in dogs and cats. It prevents harmful health effects due to worm infections. It is also safe to use for weaned puppies and kittens infected with gastrointestinal roundworms and protozoa.
Panacur Granules for Dogs
Panacur Granules is a popular deworming treatment. Developed with a potent ingredient Fenbendazole, Panacur treats major tapeworm and roundworm species. The ingredient directly attacks on these worms and aids in elimination of these worms. It treats intestinal worm infections, and protects against recurring infection when used regularly. These granules are tasteless, so can be mixed with a small treat or food.
- Effective anthelmintic treatment for dogs and cats
- Treats immature and mature stages of roundworms
- Provides ovicidal effect on nematode eggs
- Protects against gastrointestinal roundworms and tapeworms
- Effective against lungworm infection in dogs
- Safe to use for pregnant dogs
- To administer it orally.
- Weigh your dog/cat before starting the treatment.
- Give the dose by mixing it in a pet’s food.
- 1 g sachet - 2.4 lbs. to 4.4 lbs.
- 1.8 g sachet - 4.4 lbs. to 8.8 lbs.
- 4.5 g sachet - 11 lbs. to 22 lbs.
For dogs weighing over 22 lbs., additional sachets might be required according to the additional bodyweight.
For weaned puppies & kittens under six months of age
- 1 g sachet treats 8.8 lbs. bodyweight (minimum weight 4.8 lbs.) dosed daily for three consecutive days (4.8 lbs. - 8.8 lbs.)
- 1.8 g sachet treats 17.6 lbs. bodyweight dosed daily for three consecutive days (9.9 lbs. - 17.6 lbs.)
- 4.5 g sachet treats 44 lbs. Bodyweight dosed daily for three consecutive days (22 lbs. - 44 lbs.)
- If your kitten is unweaned then he/she needs to be treated with Panacur 2.5% or 10% Liquid or Panacur Paste.
- Puppies should be treated at 2 weeks of age, 5 weeks of age and again before leaving the breeder’s premises.
Increased dosing for specific infections
For the control of lungworm Aelurostrongylus abstrusus in cats administer 50mg Fenbendazole per 2.2 lbs. bodyweight for 3 consecutive days.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Store it below room temperature.
- For animal treatment only.
- Do not overdose.