Nexgard for Dogs
Nexgard is an oral beef-flavored chewable that kills adult fleas and ticks on dogs. It starts its action on fleas within 8 hours and kills almost 100% fleas within a day and removes ticks within 48 hours. Since Nexgard kills adult fleas before they lay eggs, the product is highly effective in preventing future infestations. Moreover, this monthly chewable treats 3 species of ticks in dogs – Black-Legged ticks, Brown dog ticks, Lone star ticks and American dog ticks. Besides, the product has a month-long efficacy against these parasites and safeguards dogs against life-threatening tick-borne diseases.
Note: Due to Boehringer Ingelheim’s acquisition of Merial Animal Health, the product packs may have varied manufacturer’s name according to the available stock.
Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim
- Kills fleas and ticks within a day
- Has a palatable beef flavor
- Treats 4 types of ticks - Black-Legged ticks, Brown dog ticks, Lone star ticks and American dog ticks
- Effective for one month
- Starts its action within 8 hours of administration
- Weigh your dog and select the pack accordingly.
- Institute the tablet directly inside the mouth of your dog.
- In the case of reluctance from dog’s end, mix the tablet with his food.
- Make sure the dog eats a complete meal if the tablet is mixed in his meal.
- Repeat the treatment every 30 days on the same date.
- Do not administer the product to other pets. The formula is strictly meant for dogs.
- Do not administer the product to the pet that is allergic to the ingredients.
- Store in a cool and dark place with a temperature below 30 degrees Celsius.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling the product.
- Usage of Nexgard has not been evaluated in pregnant, lactating or breeding dogs.
- Never overdose the pet.
- Consult the vet before administering the product in a dog that has a history of seizures, muscle tremors, ataxia or epilepsy.