Nuheart Generic Heartgard for Dogs
Nuheart is the generic version of Heartgard Plus with equal potency to prevent heartworm infection in dogs. This meat-flavored tablet provides month-long protection and is very economical compared to Heartgard Plus. Nuheart can also be safely used to treat pregnant, lactating or breeding dogs and puppies over 6 weeks of age.
Nuheart contains Ivermectin as the sole active ingredient which acts as an anthelmintic. It prevents the maturation process of juvenile heartworms into adults thereby disrupting the complete lifecycle. The small size of the tablets further makes it easy to administer to dogs. Moreover, as the tablet can be mixed with food, you don’t need to chase your dog for taking the treatment.
- It is a highly effective preventative treatment for heartworms
- Works just like Heartgard but is cost-effective
- Kills juvenile forms of heartworms
- Effective for one month
- Has a palatable meat flavor
- Safe for use in pregnant, breeding or stud dogs
- Before starting the treatment, get your dog tested for the presence of heartworms
- Start the preventative only if the dog is not infected with heartworms.
- Weigh your dog and select the pack size accordingly.
- Administer the tablet orally into the mouth of the dog.
- You can also crush and mix the tablet with his food. However, if you are mixing the tablet in his food, make sure he completed the whole meal.
- Repeat the treatment every month on the same date.
- Keep the product out of the reach of children and other pets.
- Make sure the pet is not already infested with heartworms before starting the preventative.
- Store the product away from direct sunlight. It should be stored in a cool and dark place.
- Do not administer the product to collies and dogs that are allergic to Ivermectin.
- The product must not be used in puppies younger than 6 weeks of age.