Panacur Oral Suspension – Liquid Wormer for Dogs
Panacur Oral Suspension is a broad-spectrum worm treatment for dogs and cats. The liquid wormer offers 100% protection against worm infections in dogs and cats. It treats multiple worms and prevents harmful health conditions in animals due to worms. The powerful anthelmintic is recommended for the treatment of dogs and cats infected with mature and immature stages of nematodes of the gastrointestinal and respiratory tracts. It treats cestodes and prevents lungworm Oslerus (Filaroides) osleri or protozoa Giardia spp. In dogs and treats cats infected with lungworm Aelurostrongylus abstrusus. The oral suspension is also effective in treating pregnant dogs to reduce the risk of prenatal infections with Toxocara canis and the transfer of T.canis and Ancylostoma caninum to their pups via the milk. With an ovicidal effect on nematode eggs, the worming suspension is highly effective in controlling various gastrointestinal worm infections.
Panacur Oral Suspension for Dogs, Kittens and Puppies
Panacur Oral Suspension is a fenbendazole based worming treatment. The active ingredient is a potent anthelmintic that treats wide range of worms in dogs and cats. It destroys the major worms including roundworms and tapeworms along with lungworms and eliminates them from the system. The panacur oral suspension, when given as directed, helps in treating roundworm and tapeworm infections as well as preventing recurring infections. The treatment is safe to be given when natural re-infestations with parasitic worms occurs.
Note: Due to Boehringer Ingelheim’s acquisition of Merial Animal Health, the product packs may have varied manufacturer’s name according to the available stock.
Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim
- 100% efficacy against various worms
- Destroys intestinal worms
- Protects against roundworm and tapeworm infections
- Reduces prenatal infections due to roundworms
- Treats lungworms
- Safe for dogs, cats, puppies and kittens
- Shake the container before use.
- One ml per 1 kg bodyweight is a standard dosage.
- Should be administered orally directly after feeding.
- Or mix the dose with feed.
- Treats puppies and kittens from 2 weeks old and then 3 to 4 times until the age of 12 weeks.
Dosage for Adult Dogs
- 2 to 4 kg – 4ml
- 4 to 8 kg – 8ml
- 8 to 16 kg – 16ml
- 16 to 24 kg – 24ml
- 24 to 32 kg – 32ml
- 32 to 64 kg – 64ml
For dogs weighing over 64kg, an extra 1ml is required for each additional 1kg bodyweight.
Dosage for puppies and kittens less than six months age is 0.5 ml per bodyweight daily for three consecutive days
Administer by mouth after feeding to unweaned animals or mix it with food for weaned animals.
- For oral treatment only.
- No fasting or feeding is required before or after treatment.
- To ensure correct dosage, determine the bodyweight.
- Store it properly away from heat and humidity.
- Keep away from children and pets.