Eqvalan Duo Wormer Paste for Horses
Eqvalan Duo is one treatment for all major infestations in horses. The oral formula is capable of treating multiple species infestations. The broad spectrum treatment is effective against tapeworms, roundworms and bots. The oral paste treats wide variety of worms including hairworms, pinworms, roundworms, threadworms, stomach worms as well as adult and immature lungworms. Designed to use in spring and autumn, Eqvalan Duo is complimented with Eqvalan treatment during summer. Eqvalan Duo provides year round protection against worm infection when used in conjunction with Eqvalan. It is safe for horses and highly palatable oral horse wormer.
Eqvalan Duo Wormer for Horses
Eqvalan Duo contains two powerful ingredients – Ivermectin and Praziquantel. The active ingredient - Ivermectin belongs to the macrocyclic lactone class of endectocides. It triggers nerve cells, which results in paralysis and death of the parasite. Praziquantel is a synthetic isoquinoline-pyrazine derivative with activity against several trematode and cestode parasites. The net effect of this ingredient is that the parasite detaches from the host. The paste formula comes in easy to administer syringe.
Note: Due to Boehringer Ingelheim’s acquisition of Merial Animal Health, the product packs may have varied manufacturer’s name according to the available stock.
Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim
- Treats mixed infections due to cestodes and nematodes
- Treats and prevents anthropod infestations in horses
- Effective against roundworm and tapeworm infections
- Treats bot infestations in horses
- Readily accepted palatable paste
- Comes in syringe for easy administration
- Before treatment, ensure that the mouth of the horse contains no feed.
- 1.29g paste per 100kg bodyweight in a single treatment is a standard dose.
- 1 syringe can treat up to 600 kg bodyweight of horse.
- Hold the plunger and turn the knurled ring on the plunger ¼ turn to the left and slide it so the stop ring is at the designated weight marking.
- Lock the ring in place by turning it ¼ turn to the right in order to bring the two arrows, the one visible on the ring and the one on the plunger rod into alignment.
- Get rid of the cover from the tip of the syringe.
- Insert the syringe tip into the mouth of the horse at the inter-dental space and deposit the paste on the base of the tongue.
- Promptly raise the head of the horse for a few seconds after dosing.
- This will ensure that the paste is consumed.
- For oral administration only.
- Do not use in mares producing milk for human consumption.
- Wash hands after use.
- Do not smoke, drink or eat while handling the product.
- The user should avoid contact of the product with the skin and the eyes.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Store in the original container. Replace the cap after use.