Milbemax for Cats
Milbemax is an effective multi-spectrum wormer for cats. This monthly treatment is highly effective against roundworms, hookworms and tapeworm infections. Moreover, it also prevents heartworm disease in felines. The product can be safely used to treat kittens over 6 weeks of age and is recommended for pregnant and lactating queens as well. It's beef flavor also makes the tablet more flavorful for cats.
Milbemax has two active ingredients Milbemycin oxime and Praziquantel. Milbemycin oxime disrupts the nerve transmissions in parasites like roundworms and hookworms and also destroys heartworm larvae. Praziquantel, on the other hand, kills tapeworms by causing muscle tremors and spasm in its body. Their synergistic effect thus kills the established parasites and prevents future worm infections.
Note: Due to Elanco’s acquisition of Novartis Animal Health, the product packs may have varied manufacturer’s name according to the available stock.
Milbemycin oxime, Praziquantel
Novartis / Elanco
- Treats and prevents intestinal worms and heartworms
- Highly effective in treating hookworms, roundworms, whipworms and tapeworms
- Safe for use in pregnant, breeding or lactating dogs
- Easy to administer
- Has a palatable beef flavor
- One tablet keeps the worms away for 3 months
- The treatment should be given as a single dose to cats.
- Administer the tablet directly into the mouth after meals.
- Alternatively, you can also mix the tablet with food.
- Administer the treatment on the same day every month.
- Dosage must be given as per the body weight of the cat.
- Only cats must be treated with this product.
- Do not administer the treatment to cats that are less than 6 weeks of age and weight below 1.1lbs.
- It is recommended to test your dog for heartworm disease prior to using the treatment.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after handling the product.
- Keep the product out of reach of children and other pets.