Equest – Oral Gel Wormer for Horses
Equest Paste is a broad spectrum worm treatment for horses. It treats the most common worms in horses including Bots – Bot fly larvae and inhibited encysted small redworms. The oral paste provides the effective control of parasites such as Strongylus vulgaris (adults and arterial stages), Strongylus edentatus (adults and visceral stages), Triodontophorus brevicauda (adults), Triodontophorus serratus (adults), Triodontophorus tenuicollis (adults), Small strongyles (adults and intraluminal larval stages): Cyathostomum spp., Cylicocyclus spp., Cylicostephanus spp., Cylicodontophorus spp. & Gyalocephalus spp. Equest horse wormer is suitable for foals over four months and pregnant mares.
Equest Gel for Horses
Equest Gel is an excellent worming treatment for horses. It contains the active ingredient Moxidectin. It effectively controls adult and larval stages of important internal parasites including encysted inhibited EL3 and developing intramucosal L4 larval stages of small redworms, arterial stages of large redworms and bots in horses and ponies with a single dose.
- An excellent wormer paste for horses
- Controls gastrointestinal worms and bots in horses
- Single dose works for one season
- Highly palatable oral paste
- Suitable to use in pregnant and lactating mares
- Provides 2 week persistent action
- Safe to use for foals over four months and pregnant mares
- Should be administered orally.
- Each graduation on the calibrated syringe delivers sufficient gel to treat 25 kg bodyweight.
- Use of a scale or weigh tape is recommended to ensure accurate dosing.
- To avoid overdosing, care should be taken to accurately dose foals, especially low bodyweight foals or young ponies.
- The recommended dosing interval for the control of small strongyles is 13 weeks.
- One syringe contains sufficient gel to treat one 700 kg horse at the recommended dose.
- 0.4 gm per 1 kg is a standard dose.
- Do not use Equest for sick or debilitated horses.
- Do not use Equest on donkeys.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and other animals.
- For horse use only.
- Do not overdose young horses.
- Do not treat the horses meant for human consumption.
- Do not administer to young foals less than 4 months.