Milbemax for Dogs
Milbemax is a multispectrum anthelmintic drug used to treat gastrointestinal worms and heartworms in dogs. It kills infections caused by hookworms, tapeworms, roundworms, whipworms, and microfilaria causing heartworm disease. These monthly tablets are also completely safe for administration in breeding, lactating and pregnant dogs. The treatment can be started in puppies that are 2 weeks of age and can be continued for the rest of the year as per the directions.
Milbemax contains two active ingredients Milbemycin oxime and Praziquantel. Milbemycin oxime acts on hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms by disrupting the nerve transmission which causes the death of the parasite. Praziquantel, on the other hand, causes muscle spasms in tapeworms which lead to dislodging of the parasite from the intestinal walls. It finally gets eliminated out of the body through the natural process.
Note: Due to Elanco’s acquisition of Novartis Animal Health, the product packs may have varied manufacturer’s name according to the available stock.
Milbemycin oxime, Praziquantel
Novartis / Elanco
- Milbemax is an effective treatment for hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms
- Highly effective in preventing heartworms
- Kills cestodes like Dipylidium caninum, Taenia spp., Echinococcus spp., Mesocestoides spp.
- Eliminates nematodes
- Safe for use in lactating, pregnant and breeding dogs
- Weigh your dog and select the pack accordingly.
- Administer the tablet orally.
- You can also mix the tablet in his food.
- Treat the puppies every two weeks until 12 weeks of age.
- Continue the treatment once every 3 months after the 12 weeks course.
- To protect against heartworms, administer one tablet monthly on the same date.
- Consult the vet before treating your dog for heartworms.
- Keep the product out of the reach of children.
- Follow all the directions meticulously.
- Store the product in a cool and dry place.
- Do not administer the product to cats.