Eqvalan Paste – Dewormer Treatment for Horses
Eqvalan Paste is a broad spectrum antiparasitic treatment for horses. It provides the broadest spectrum of control over various intestinal worms as well as bots. The oral paste is effective in treating summer sores caused caused by Habronema and Draschia spp cutaneous third-stage larvae as well as Dermatitis caused by neck threadworm microfilariae, Onchocerca sp. Eqvalan paste is indicated for the treatment and prevention of the following parasites.
- Large Strongyles (adults) - Strongylus vulgaris (also early forms in blood vessels), S. edentatus (also tissue stages), S. equinus, Triodontophorus spp; including T. brevicauda and T. serratus and Craterostomum acuticaudatum
- Small Strongyles (adults, including those resistant to some benzimidazole class compounds) - Coronocyclus spp. including C. coronatus, C. labiatus and C. labratus, Cyathostomum spp. including C. catinatum and C. pateratum, Cylicocyclus spp. including C. insigne, C. leptostomum, C. nassatus and C. brevicapsulatus, Cylicodontophorus spp., Cylicostephanus spp. including C. calicatus, C. goldi, C longibursatus and C. minutus, and Petrovinema poculatum
- Small Strongyles - Fourth-stage larvae
- Pinworms (adults and fourth-stage larvae) - Oxyuris equi
- Ascarids (adults and third- and fourth-stage larvae) - Parascaris equorum
- Hairworms (adults) - Trichostrongylus axei
- Large-mouth Stomach Worms - Habronema muscae
- Bots (oral and gastric stages) - Gastrophilus spp
- Lungworms (adults and fourth-stage larvae) - Dictyocaulus arnfieldi
- Intestinal Threadworms (adults) - Strongyloides westeri
Eqvalan Paste for Horses
Eqvalan Paste is an effective wormer from the house of Merial. It contains potent anthelmintic agent – Ivermectin. It removes various worms and bots. The oral paste works against gastrointestinal worms including ascarids, threadworms and stomach worms. It eliminates bots and hairworms. The paste comes in easy to administer syringe and the paste is highly palatable. It is safe for horses, foals and mares including pregnant mares.
Note: Due to Boehringer Ingelheim’s acquisition of Merial Animal Health, the product packs may have varied manufacturer’s name according to the available stock.
Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim
- Multi spectrum parasitic treatment
- Treats large and small strongyles
- Effective against threadworms and pinworms
- Works against ascarids
- Treats and controls Hairworms
- Treats and prevents bots
- Highly palatable and easy to dose
- The syringe contains sufficient amount of paste that treats 1250 lbs bodyweight of horses.
- Each weight marking on the syringe delivers enough paste to treat 250 lbs bodyweight.
- Hold the plunger and turn the knurled ring on the plunger 1/4 turn to the left and slide it so the side nearest the barrel is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Lock the ring in place by making a 1/4 turn to the right.
- Make sure that the horse's mouth contains no feed.
- Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
- Insert the syringe tip into the horse's mouth at the space between the teeth.
- Depress the plunger as far as it will go, depositing paste on the back of the tongue.
- Immediately raise the horse's head for a few seconds after dosing.
- For horse use only.
- Do not treat other species of animals.
- Not for human use.
- Keep this drug away from children and pets.
- Refrain from smoking and eating when treating.
- Wash hands after use.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Do not use in horses intended for human consumption.