Selamectin, an active ingredient in Stronghold interferes with the neurotransmitters in the nervous system of the parasites, leading to hyperactivity and death of the critter. As the solution is applied to the animal’s skin, the chemical distributes itself evenly on the top layer of the skin to kill the external parasites. Some of the amounts also enter the body which kills the roundworms and hookworms in the intestinal tract. In the bloodstream, it also destroys the microfilaria in the circulatory system of the animal. This stops the maturation of microfilaria which in turn prevents the heartworm disease.
- Eliminates fleas, flea eggs and larvae
- Kills immature heartworms.
- Destroys ear mites and biting lice
- Safe for use in pregnant and lactating cats
- Easy to administer
- Use the product as directed on the label.
- Remove the pipette from the packaging and hold it upright.
- Puncture the applicator seal by depressing the cap firmly.
- Now part the fur at the base of the cat’s neck to expose the skin.
- Hold the tip of the pipette onto the visible spot and empty the entire content.
- Avoid any contact of the solution with your fingers.
- Keep out of reach of children and other pets.
- Do not bathe your cat until the solution is completely dry.
- Prevent the cat from going near the fire places.
- Always wash hands after handling the product.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Do not use in dogs younger than 6 weeks of age.
- Do not administer the product orally.
- For veterinary use only.
- Do not use the product in cats below 6 weeks of age.
- Do not use the product on sick cats
- Do not use the product on cats that have a seizure history.