Stronghold for cats is a broad-spectrum monthly spot-on treatment for fleas, biting lice, ear mites, roundworms, hookworms and ear mites. It prevents heartworm diseases in felines. In a single administration, it kills adult fleas, larvae and eggs thus controlling re-infestations for a month. Treated cats repel fleas, larvae and eggs found in the surroundings thus prevent re-infestations.
Selamectin, the active ingredient has parasitic and anthelmintic action that causes neuromuscular paralysis and muscular contraction resulting in the death of parasites. It enters the blood stream, intestines and sebaceous glands of the recipient and kills parasites. Effective for a month, it protects felines from internal and external parasites.
It protects the pet from various parasitic diseases and reduces the chances of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD). It is an effective parasitic treatment with adulticidal, larvicidal and ovicidal properties. Repeating Stronghold treatment on a monthly basis gives year round protection to cats.
- Broad-spectrum parasiticide and anthelmintic that kills fleas, hooksworms, roundworms, biting lice, ear mites.
- Prevents heartworm infections.
- Easy to administer monthly spot-on treatment.
- Treats and controls sarcoptic mange and Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) in cats.
- It becomes water-resistant after two hours of application.
Stronghold for cats is available in two packs – Stronghold for kittens (up to 2.6 kg bodyweight) and Stronghold for cats (> 2.5 kg and < 7.5 kg bodyweight). Select as per the weight of the cat.
Apply at a spot behind the neck, at the base of the skull. Part the fur at this spot and place the tip of Stronghold tube here. Empty the content by squeezing the tube.
It is safe to be used on pregnant and lactating queens. No need to treat weaning kittens, as they will get protection by being in contact with the treated mother.
Dosage chart for cats:
<= 2.5 kg
1 tube Stronghold of 15 mg
2.6 – 7.5 kg
1 tube Stronghold of 40 mg
For cats >7.5 kg, use appropriate combination of Stronghold tubes.
- Do NOT apply on sick, debilitated cats.
- Apply only on undamaged skin.
- Consult vet before treating underweight felines.
- Allow the application site to become dry. Do NOT touch the area around the site until it is dry.
- After applying Stronghold, stop children for 30 minutes from playing with the cats.
- It is an inflammable substance so keep away from heat.
- Store at a cool place and keep away from food, drink and animal feeds.
- Keep the treated pet away from fire and water until the application site is completely dry.
- Wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly after administration.
- Keep away from the pet’s eyes and mouth. Wash eyes with lots of water in case Stronghold enters the eyes accidentally.